Wednesday, May 7, 2008

First Triathlon Ever!

Last week I participated in my first triathlon down in Rocky Point, Mexico! It was so much fun participating with my brother Nik, his wife Anissa, my dad, my brother Dak and with our good friend Aaron Wettstein. We swam 400 meters in the ocean, biked 10 miles up and down hills along the coast and finished up by running a 5k through the golf course and finishing the run down the beach in the sand to the finish line. It was a blast! I think it will become a yearly event. We all did well but Nik was the top athlete in our group! We'll be on his heals as we train for the next one! The only thing missing to make this trip perfect was Giselle! Here are some pictures of the place.


Here we are on the beach before the swim (Dad, Dak, Nik, Anissa, Noah, Aaron)

The Bros.

My dad did it! We were so proud of him!

8 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

congrats, Noah! That is awesome. It sounds like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

It sure was! The best part was the house we stayed in on the beach. I want to look into having the McNeil family beach trip there sometime. It's so close to here and 12 people can stay in that house. I'll have to post pictures.

Barbara Brooks said...

What a family weekend! You all did a wonderful job!!

The Gunnerson Family said...

That is so great! Next spring/summer I want to train and do one. I like to train for things because it gives you a good reason to exercise, but I don't really like running so I won't be doing any more marathons. I think I will start with short one like this and MAYBE work my up to longer distances (depending on how the first goes!). It is great that you were able to do it as a family. Congrats.

Stodds Crew said...

Hey girl,

It is fun looking at your blog. You are beautiful and what a fun family!!

Take care, Lisa Stoddard

Billie Jo said...

Noah, First of all congrats on the triathlon. It looks like it was great. The swimming part would be the hardest for me, I think. But as far as looking into the house for the McNeil's to stay in I say go for it. If it is within driving distance that is even better! Tell your dad way to go.

Mont said...

Hey! Small World! I know Aaron Wettstein, or at least his parents. We were in the same stake as Byron and Cookie, and the same ward briefly, when we lived in Houston. What I can't remember is if he was one of the twins, or the younger brother. Too long ago for my old brain, but at least I recognized the name.

Marchant Family said...

Hey Giselle,
It seems like it's been forever since I've seen you guys. Your blog page is so fun to look at. I tagged you so you'll have to go to my blog to see what it is.